Fertilizer equipment screw conveyor is used for conveying fertilizer manufacturing process. Due to the small space for conveying materials, the machine is very sensitive to materials.
When the screw shaft rotates, the material is easy to be entangled, and the intermediate suspension bearing is easy to block the material. Therefore, blockage is a common failure of screw conveyors. Blockage will affect output and increase power consumption. In severe cases, it will burn out the motor, twist the screw shaft, and affect the normal organic fertilizer production process.
There are many reasons for the blockage, and the following measures can be taken to prevent the blockage:
1. Reasonably select the technical parameters of screw conveyor, such as the speed of slow screw conveyor should not be too large.
2. Strictly implement the operation procedures of fertilizer production process, start without load and stop without load, and ensure continuous and uniform feeding.
3. Increase the discharge port or lengthen the end of the chute to solve the problem of poor or too late discharge. At the same time, a small section of counter rotating blade can be installed at the end of the discharge chute to prevent material blocking at the end.
4. The materials entering the conveyor should be cleaned to prevent the blockage caused by large impurities or fibrous impurities entering the conveyor. Cleaning up the debris on the fertilizer equipment on time will help maintain the machine.
5. Reduce the transverse dimension of the middle suspension bearing as much as possible to reduce the possibility of blocking when the material passes through the middle bearing.
6. Install silo level indicator and blockage sensor to realize automatic control and alarm.
7. Open an anti-blocking valve on the discharge end cover. When blockage occurs, due to the accumulation of materials, the anti-blocking door is opened, and the power is cut off by the stroke switch.